Saturday, April 13, 2013

what have you been inspired by lately.....


'Nautica'
Acrylic on 8" x 8" x 3/4" wrap canvas
$75.00

SOLD

May be purchased through PayPal from my Web Gallery: HERE

or by contacting me: elizabethchapman@artlover.com


Inspiration....  what inspires you?

I made a list and thought I might share what keeps me coming back to the studio, especially when you hit those dry times.  Hope you find my list of inspirations an encouragement to you.

*sometimes it helps to just get away and do something different...live life!
this might mean family time, trying out new recipes, shopping, gardening, etc.,

*cleaning and organizing my studio/house always seems to have a way to de-clutter my mind and helps me to refocus on new ideas.  

*ordering supplies....love doing this... with each sale I re-invest in canvases or paints

*viewing artist's painting on you tube or just surfing the web

*a sale! or feedback...this one nearly always sends me back in the studio...gotta paint more!

*switch out to a different subject matter or medium, recently I have begun a visual journal

*walking and taking in all the beauty that we have been so blessed with, by God the creator of all.  Thankfulness.

*a trip to the mall soaking up all the colors in the clothing stores

*viewing a traveling show

*hearing "I love you"

*listening to music

*children's art

*probably the biggest one for me is believing...yes, go ahead and dream big!


Elizabeth Chapman
Contemporary Abstract Artist




2 comments:

Sea Dean - Paint a Masterpiece said...

YOU INSPIRE ME!
I LOVE YOU!
YOUR BLOG IS INSPIRING!

o)><

Elizabeth Chapman said...

THANK YOU!!! for the inspiration!!